NatNat (a person of color)
Geo. WGeorge W Coons . CoonsGeorge W Coons
In St Louis Circuit CourtCircuit Court
And now comes the said plaintiff by his attorney
and moves the Court toset aside the verdict of
the Jury, rendered in this cause, and for a new
trial for the following reasons, viz:
1. Because said verdict is against law.
2. Because said verdict is against the evidence given in
3. Because said verdict is against the weight of evidence.
4. Because said verdict is against law and evidence.
5. Because the court rejected legal & competent evidence
offered by said plaintiff.
6. Because the Court misinstructed the Jury.
7. Because the Court refused to give legal instructions
asked by said plaintiff.
8. Because the Court admitted illegal & improper evidence
on the part of the defendant in which were objected to
by to plaintiff -