The Saint Louis business directory for 1853-4 /
Medical Department of the St. Louis University.
(Corner of Seventh and Myrtle streets.)
124 Business
View original image: Page  0124

The session of this institution commences on the 1st day of Novem-
ber, and ends on the 1st of March. The Faculty consists of the fol-
lowing gentlemen:

M. L.Linton, , M. D., Professor of the Principles and Practice of
Medicine .
A.Litton, , M. D. Professor of Chemistry .
C. A.Pope, , M. D., Professor of Surgery .
M. M.Pallen, , M. D., Professor of Obstetrics and the Diseases of
Women and Children .
R. S.Holmes, , M. D., Professor of Physiology .
W. M.McPheeteis, , M. D., Professor of Materia Medica .
Charles W.Stevens, , M. D., Professor of Anatomy .
John B.Johnson, , M. D., Professor of Clinical Medicine .
E. F.Smith, , M. D., Demonstrator of Anatomy .

Attached to the College is the O’Fallon Dispensary, where out-door
patients are prescribed for daily. Clinical lectures are delivered every
day at the St. Louis Hospital by the Professors who have charge of
that charity. During the session one of the Professors visits the City
Hospital twice a week with the students.

The Museum comprises a splendid collection of pathological specimens.