Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, manufacturing establishments, business, business firms, etc., etc., in the city of St. Louis for ... /
City and County Record
82 Record—Churches.
View original image: Page  0082
Methodist Episcopal,
(South.)
Asbury Chapel.
Located on Fifteenth street, corner of Gay.
Erected, 1842.
Centenary Church.
Located on the southwest corner of Pine and
Fifth streets. Erected, 1843.
Rev.reverend J.Boyle, , pastor . Residence, corner of
Thirteenth street and Washington avenue.
FrederickHorn, , sexton .
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M., and 7 1/2 P. M.
Methodist.
[missing figure]
Union Methodist Episcopal.
Located on the northwest corner of Eleventh
and Locust streets.
Rev. HenryCox, , pastor .
Erick e.east Eernson, , sexton . Residence, 115 North
Twelfth street.
Christy Chapel.
Located on the northwest corner of Carr and
Twenty-fourth streets.
Rev. J. N. W.Springer, , pastor. Residence,
Biddle, near Eighteenth street.
—Taylor, , sexton . Residence, Twenty-fourth
street, between Franklin avenue and Wash street.
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M. and 7 1/2 P. M.
First Methodist Episcopal Church.
Located on Washington avenue, corner Eighth
treet. Erected, 1854.
Rev. F. A.Morris, , pastor . Residence, 181 Wash-
ington avenue.
PeterRayott, , sexton . Residence, EighthSt.street ,
between Green and Washington avenue.
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M. and 7 1/2 P. M
Howard Street Church.
Located on Howard street, corner of Ninth.
Rev. Thomas A.Morton, , pastor . Residence, 48
Mound street.
Jefferson Mission House.
Located northeast corner of Twenty-third street
and Franklin Avenue.
Mound Methodist Episcopal Church.
Located on Tenth street, corner of Chambers.
Rev. Wm.WilliamRush, , pastor . Residence, 341 North
Eleventh street.
WilliamWolff, , sexton . Residence, rear of No.
56, Chambers street.
Hour of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M.
Reservoir Union Mission.
Located on corner of Eighteenth and Warren
streets.
Reservoir Methodist Episcopal.
Located on the northwest corner of Eleventh
and Locust streets.
Rev. HenryCox, , pastor .
Erick e.east Eeruson, , sexton . Residence, 115 North
Twelfth street.
Sixteenth Streeth Church.
Located on Sixteenth street, corner of Walnut,
Erected. 1853.
Rev. William F.Compton, , pastor . Residence,
Fourteenth street, southeast corner of Clark av.avenue
WilliamBurgiss, , sexton . Residence, Moore
street.
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M. and 7 1/2 P. M.
St. Paul’S Chapel.
Located on Eleventh street, head of Green.
Rev. Moses M.Clark, , pastor .
Hours of Divine service—11 A. M. and 3 P. M.,
every Sunday, and three evenings during the
week.
First African Methodist Episcopal
Church.
Located on the east side of Seventh street, be-
tween O’Fallon and Cass avenue.
Rev. PeterFullmon, , pastor . Residence, on the
south side of alley, between Seventh and Eighth
streets, and between Franklin avenue and Wash
street.
LouisJones, , sexton . Residence, JeffersonSt.street ,
southeast corner of Eleventh.
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M. and 3 P. M.
Wesley Chapel (Colored.)
Located on Seventh street, between Franklin
avenue and Wast street. Organized, May 26, 1857.
Rev. JamesPeck, , pastor . Residence, south
side of alley, between Wash and Carr streets, and
between Seventh and Eighth streets.
JeremiahDungan, , sexton . Residence, Green,
street, southeast corner of Seventh.
Wesley Chapel.
Located on Eighth street, corner of Chouteau
avenue. Erected, 1849.
Rev. G. w.west Horn, , pastor . Residence, Orchard
street, near Tenth.
ManonGore., sexton . Residence, at the church.
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M. and 7 1/2 P. M.
Presybyterian (New School.)
First Presbyterian Church.
Located on Fourtheenth street, south-west corner
of Lucas place. Dedicated, 1855.
Rev. Henry A.Nelson, , pastor . Residence, 3
Lucas place.
JosephSewall, , sexton , Residence, 121, Christy
avenue.
Hours of Divine service, 10 1/2 A. M., and 3 P. M.
North Presbyterian.
Located at the corner of Eleventh and Cham-
bers sts. Erected, 1858.
Rev. JohnMacLean, , pastor .
Hours of Divine service—10, A. M., and 7 1/2 P.
M.
Providence Presbyterian Church.
Located on Broadway, near O’Fallon. Organ-
ized, 1859.
Rev. William H.Parks, , pastor . Residence,
Mound street, between Tenth and Eleventh sts.
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M., and 7 1/2 P.
M.