Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, manufacturing establishments, business, business firms, etc., etc., in the city of St. Louis for ... /
City and County Record
Record—Educational.
View original image: Page  0084
St. John, The Evangelist.
[missing figure]
Located on Sixteenth street, corner of Chesnut.
Rev. P. T.Ring, , Pastor .
Rev.reverend C.Smith, , Assistant Pastor .
P.Foley, , Sexton .
Hours of Divine service—6, 7, 8 and 10 1/4 A. M.;
vespers, 3 1/2, P. M.
St. Joseph’s Church (German Con-
gregation.)
Located on Biddle street, corner of Eleventh.
Erected, 1846.
Rev. JamesWeber, , Pastor .
Rev.reverend F.Wippern, and FatherSheader, , Assistant
Pastors .
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M., and 3 P. M.
St. Lawrence O’Toole’s Church.
Located on Fourteenth street, corner of O’Fal-
on. Dedicated, 1855.
Rev. JamesHenry, , Pastor .
Rev. MichaelFlannery, , Assistant Pastor .
Hours of Divine service—6, 7, 8 and 10 1/2 A. M.,
and 3 1/2 P. M.
St. Malachi’s Church.
Located on Clark avenue, corner of Summit
street. Erected, 1858.
Rev. Miles w.west Tobin, , Pastor .
Rev. JohnCummins, , Assistant Pastor .
Hours of Divine service—8 and 10 1/2 A. M., and 3 1/2
P. M.
St. Mary Of Victory (German Con-
gregation.)
Located on Third street, between Cedar and
Mulberry streets. Erected, 1844.
Very Rev. JosephMelchoir, , Pastor .
Rev.reverend H.Muhlsiepen, , Assistant Pastor .
Hours of Divine service—8 and 10 A. M., and 3
P. M.
St. Michael’s Church.
Located on Jefferson street, corner of Eleventh
street. Erected, 1846.
Rev. P.O’Brien, , Pastor .
WilliamO’Reilly., Sexton . Residence, south
side Mound, bet.between Ninth and Tenth.
Hours of Divine service—7, 8 1/2, and 10 1/2 A. M.,
and 3 1/2 P. M.
St. Patrick’s Church.
Located on Biddle street, corner of Sixth.
Erected, 1845.
Rev.reverend w.westWheeler, , Pastor .
Rev.reverend C.Zeigler, , Assistant Pastor .
Hours of Divine service—6, 7, 8 and 10 1/2 A. M.,
and 3 1/2 P. M.
St. Peter and Paul’s Church (Ger-
man Congregation).
Located on Seventh street, corner of Allen av-
enue. Erected, 1853.
Rev. FrancisZoller, , Pastor .
Rev. JohnBoetzkes, , Assistant Pastor .
Hours of Divine service—5, 8, and 10, A. M.,
and 2 1/2 P. M.
St. Vincent De Paul’s Church.
Located on Decatur street, corner of Park ave-
nue. Erected, 1845.
Rev. StephenRyan, , Pastor .
Rev. JohnQuigley, , Assistant Pastor .
Hours of Divine service—6 1/2, 8 and 10 1/2 A. M.,
and 7, P. M.
Unitarian.
Church Of The Messiah.
Located on Olive street, corner of Ninth.
Erected, 1851.
Rev. Wm.William G.Eliot, , Pastor .
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M., and 7 1/2,
P. M.
Universalist.
First Universalist Church.
Located on Sixth street, south-east corner of
St. Charles.
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M., and 7 1/2 P. M.
Convents.
Convent Of The House Of The Good
Shepherd.
Located on Seventeenth, between Chesnut and
Pine streets.
Convent Of The House Of St. Philo-
mena.
Located on Walnut, corner of Fifth street.
Convent Of The Sacred Heart.
Located on Fifth street, between Labadie and
Hickory streets.
Convent Of The Sisters Of Mercy.
Located on Tenth, corner of Morgan street.
Convent Of St. Joseph Of Mercy.
Located at 188 M organ street.
Convent Of The Visitation.
Located on Ninth, between Marion and Carrol
streets.
House Of The Guardian Angel.
Located on Menard, northwest corner of Marion
street.
Ursuline Convent.
Located on State street, between Russell and
Ann avenues.