Green's St. Louis directory :
xxx City Officers And Institutions.
View original image: Page  xxx
Catholic Literary Institutions.
1. Theological Seminary of the diocess of St. Louis, on Decatur-street,
near Park-avenue.
2. St. Louis University , corner of Ninth and Green.
Board Of Trustees.
The Very Rev. J.Vandevelde, , President;
The Rev. George A.Carrell, , Vice-President
" J. L.Gleizal, , Chancellor;
" J. B.Druyts, , and F. P.O’Loghlen, .
Faculty.
Rev. George A.Carrell, , President, and Professor of Rhetoric.
Rev. J. B.Druyts, , Vice-President, and Professor of Modern Languages.
Rev. F. B.Jamison, , Professor of Mental and Moral Philosophy.
Rev. F. P.O’Loghlen, , Professor of Physics, Mathematics, and Astronomy.
Rev. P. Arnoudt, , Professor of Ancient Languages.
A.Litton, , M.D., Professor of Chemistry.
Tutors.
F.Horstmann, , Treasurer ; CharlesDriscol, , J.DeBlieck, , D.Kenney, , P. DeMees-, , GeorgeWatson, , J.DeMortier, .
Theological Department.
Rev. I. Irisari, , Professor of Moral and Dogmatic Theology, Scripture,
and Canon Law.
Medical Department.
Located on Washington-avenue, between Ninth and Tenth streets. Organized
in 1836; re-organized, 1844.—The regular course of Lectures commence annu-
ally on the first Monday of November, and continue four months.
Faculty.
Charles A.Pope, , M.D., Professor of Special, General and Surgical Anatomy.
J. V.Prather, , M.D., Professor of Principles and Practice of Surgery, and
Dean of the Faculty.
J. W.Hall, , M.D., Professor of Physiology, Pathology and Clinical Practice.
M. L.Linton, , M.D., Professor of Principles and Practice of Medicine.
J. G.Norwood, M.D., Professor Materia Medica, Therapeutics and Medical
Jurisprudence.
A.Litton, , M.D., Professor of Chemistry and Pharmacy.
M. M.Pallen, , M.D., Professor of Obstetrics, and Diseases of Women and
Children.
W. D.Stirman, , M.D., Prosector.
3. Convent Of The Sacred Heart, and Academy for Young Ladies ,
Madam EleanorGray, , Superior,
4. Academy And Boarding School For Young Ladies , on Broadway,
near Biddle Street, under the charge of the religious ladies of the Visitation.
SisterIsabella, , Superior.
5. Young Ladies’ Academy And Day School , under the care of the Sisters
of the Visitation, Sixth street, between Pine and Olive.—SisterFrancis, , Superior.
6. Catholic Male Orphan Asylum , corner of Walnut and Third streets,
under the care of the Sisters of Charity.—SisterFrancis, , Superior.
7. Catholic Female Orphan Asylum , Biddle-street, between Ninth and
Tenth, under the charge of the Sisters of Charity.—SisterBenedicta, , Superior.