The St. Louis directory for 1848 /
Advertisement Directory. 261
View original image: Page  0261
[missing figure]

NathanielPhillips, ,
old established
music & military store,
No. 42 Market Street,
St. Louis,
sign of the golden eagle.

Piano Fortes , music,
and
Musical Instruments.

The subscriber keeps constantly on hand the largest and
most complete assortment to be found in the western country.
Travelers are particularly invited to examine this stock, which
will be sold at eastern prices. Chickering’s Pianos—
These instruments, for superiority of touch, readiness of tone,
and elegance of workmanship, have always obtained the Gold
Medal, and are not equalled by any in the country. A most
satisfactory guarantee is given with every instrument sold,
and great care taken packing. Music published and constantly
received from all parts of the country. Seminaries,
Music Dealers, Military Bands and Officers of the Army, supplied
on the most reasonable terms.

Masonic and odd-fellows’ regalia;
also—flags and banners, of all kinds,
constantly on hand, and made to order. sole agent for
chickering’s pianos,
J. F. Brown’s Harps, and Carhart’s improved melodian.

This establishment has no connection with any other in the
city. All orders must be addressed to

N. Phillips

, 42 Market Street.