St. Louis directory :
Asylums. 37
View original image: Page  0037
St. Vincent De Paul,

On Decatur street. comer of Park avenue.

Hours of service-61/2, 81/2 and 101/2, A.M. and 31/2, P.M.

Rev.JobnO'Reilly, C.M.Pastor .

Unitarian.
church of the hesptah.

On Olive, nnrtbwest comer of Ninth street.

Rev.William G.Eliot, , Potior .

Universallst.
Uxrversaust Church.

On Sixth, comer of St. Cbjirlen street.

Hourse of service-101/2, A.M. and 71/2, P.M.

Rev.G. S.Weaver, , Pastor .

Miscellaneous.
First Cumberland Presbyterian,

On Eleventh, corner or St. Charles street.

Hours of service-101/2, A.M. and 7, P.M.

Rev.J. G.White, , Pastor .

Rrformed Presbyterian,

On northwest corner of Merecer street and Gamble
avenue.

Hours of service-101/2, A.M.a nd 3, P.M.

Rev.JosephMcCrackoen, , Pastor .

United Pressbyterian Church

On northewast corner of Fifth and Locust strets.

Erectee 1841.

Hours of service-101/2, A.M. and 3, P.M.

Rev.JohnMcLean, , Pastor .

RobertBeeth, , Sexton .

First German Cumberland Prerbttkrh,

On northesest corner of Fifeteenth and Chambers
streets.

Hours of service-101/2, A.M. 3 and 7, p.m.

Rev.F.Lack, . Pater .

—Schapper, , Strtam .

Jewish Synagogue.

On Sixth street, between Locust and St. Charies.
Erected 1858.

Rev.HenryKuttncr, , Rabbi .

Asylums.
Asylums.
Girls' Industrial Home,

Sooth side of Morgan, corner of Nineteenth street.

Founded 1853.

Frances F.Maltby, , Principal .

HarmoniaBadger, , Matron .

House Of Refuge,

Instituted April. 1855.

Governed by nine Managers, two of whom are ap-
pointed by the County Court, fonr by the City
Council, from their members, two by the Mayor,
from citizens, and the Mayor himself.

F. E.Gleason, , Superintendent .

Mrs.Gleason, , Matron .

Pkksidest -JohnHow, .

Managers -MarshalBrotherton, , RingoldWatson, ,
Carlos H.Greeley, .

Average number or inmates 125, 100 boys and 25
girls.

Infant Orphan Asylum,

Corner Marion and Menard streets,
Under charge of Bisters of Charity.

Lasalle Institute For Orphans,

Menard, north-west comer Marion.

Under the charge of the Christian Brothers.

Mullanphy Orphan Asylum,

Directed by the Ladies of the Sacred Heart.

Orphan'S Home,

Norh-west corner of Kleveuth street and Marion
Park.

Jennette A.Simmons, , Matron .

Protestant Orphan Asylum,

Seventh street, between Franklin avenue and Mor-
gan Btrect.

Mrs.L.Bnrchard, , Superintendent .

Mrs.JohnBrady, Smith, , First Directress .

Mr.SitsDrake, , Second Directress .

Mm.Jmc E.Lewis, , Treasurer .

Mrs.Irwin Z.Smith, , Secretary .

Mavjiokrs -Mrs.SnlllvanBlond, . Mm.Ales.Han-, . Mm.N. J.Eaton, , Mw.J.Morrisse, . Mrs.Rich-, . Mm.Dutcher, . Mm.JosephPowell, . Mm.Samuel
Copp, , Mrs.Dr.McMurray, , Mrs.Alexander, , Mrs.
Thompson, , Mrs.HenryStagg, .

St. Anns R.C. Asylum.

Located on O'Fallon,s.south e.east c.corner> Tenth street.

Sister Catharine, , Soperiorew .

St. Joseph S Half-Orphan Asylum,

North-west corner Marion and Fnlton streets,
Under the charge of the Staters of St. Joseph.

St. Mary'S R.C. Orphan Asylum,

Located on Biddle, n.north e.east c.corner> Tenth street,
Sister Valentine, , Superioress .

St. Vincent'S German Male And Female
Orphan Asylum,

Erected 1851.

located on Twentieth street, between Cass avenne
and O'Fallon street.

President -John C.Degenhart, .

Vice Prksidsnt -JohnAmend, .

Fiist Secretary - H.Scboa, .

Second Secretary - BernhardUeidarker, .

Cashier -H. T.Spaunborst, .

Marshall -JosephStark, .

Trusteets .-AntonHolle, , FrancisCornet, , Joseph
Hackmann, , BartholomewReis, , JosephDegenhart, ,
BernhardSchmuecker, , H.Buelte, , AntonKreyaest, ,
FrancisWitte, .

St. Philomeena Orphan Asylum.

Corner of Fifth and Walnut streets. Mother Mary
Florence , Saperioress .

St. Vincents Insane Asylum,

Located on southeast corner of Ninth ana Marion
streets.

Under the charge of the Stefan of Charity.

John A.Leavy, M.D., aUenaiof Physician .