St. Louis directory :
38 Benevolent And Religious Societies.
View original image: Page  0038
Hospitals.
Hospitals.
Biddle Infant Asylum And Lying-In
Hospital.

Directed by the Daughters of Charity.

City Hospital.

Northwest corner of Lafayette avenue and Linn
street. FrancisMolair, , Superintendent ; Susan J.Mo-, , Matron ; Florence M.Corny a, , Res. Physician .

Good Samaritan Hospital.

Located on Carr, between Sixteenth and Seven-
teenth streets. Rev.Louis E.Nollan, , Superintendent ;
AnnaMeyer, , Matron ; T. G.Comstock, , Physician .

Marine Hospital.

Marine avenue, south of the U.S. Arsenal. John
W.Davis, , Steward , Wm. M.McPheeters, , Surgeon .

St. Louis Hospital.

Corner Spruce and Fourth streets. Under charge
of the Daughters of Charity.

Convents.
Convents.
Content Of The House Of The Good
Shepherd.

Seventeenth street, between Chesnut and Pine.

Convent Of The House Op St. Philomena.

Walnut, corner of Fifth street.

Convent Op The Sacred Heart.

Pifth street, near the South Market.

Convent Of The Sisters Of Mercy.

Tenth street, corner of Morgan.

Convent Of St. Joseph.

No. 188 Morgan street.

Ursuline Convent.

On State street, between Russell and Ann avenues.

Mother AloysiaWinkler, , Superioress .

Convent Of The Visitation.

On Ninth, between Marion and Carroll streets.

Mother Mary AgnesBrent, , Superioress .

Benevolent And Religious Societies.
Benevolent and Religious Societies.
American Protestant Association.

Meets corner Third and Locust streets.

ArthurWilson, , President .

Blacksmiths And Wagonmakers Benev-
Olent Society.

Meets every Sunday morning.

Fred.Wetzel, , President .

JacobStoll, , Secretary .

Caledonian Mutual Benefit And Be-
Nevolent Society.

Meets quarterly. Frank B.Turnbull, , President ;
JohnMcKay, , Vice President ; RobertChene, , Secre-
tary ; JohnHood, , Treasurer .

Evangelical Lutheran Young Men'S
Society.

Organized May 7th, 1848, for the benefit and sup-
port of Students who Btudy Theology at Concordia
College, St. Louis, Mo., and who have no means or
resources ef their own to carry on their studies.

Meets every first Sunday in each month, in base-
ment of Evangelical Lutheran Church, corner of
Eleventh street and Franklin avenue ; and in School
on Cedar street, between Third and Fourth streets,
alternately every three months.

President -A. L.Rohlfing, .

Treasurer -MartinBarthei, .

Secretary -H. T.Rohlfing, .

German Emigration Aid Society,

Organized 1643. Meets once a mouth at No, 35
Walnut street.

RobertHenig, , President .

JacobTamm, , Vice President .

JuliusScbrick, , Secretary .

Gustavus F.Miller, , Cor.Secy.

Hibernian Benevolent Society,

Instituted, May 1st, 1837. Meets in the School
Room of St. Patricks Chnrch, Sixth street, comer of
Biddle, on the First Sunday of each month at 7 P.M.

JamesFortune, , President .

J. C.Bnrry, , Vice President .

DenisGalvin, , Secretary .

Roman Catholic Total Abstinence And
Benevolent Society,

Organized August 15th, 1848. Meets on the last
Snnday of every month, at the corner of Ninth and
Green Streets.

Rev.JohnBannon, , President .

MichaelMcEnnis, , 1st V.P.

PatrickMcDonald, , 2nd V.P.

MichaelWhealan, , Treasurer .

P.Sullivan, , Secretary .

P.Coyne, , Ast.Secy.

ThomasGreene, , JamesRhuan, , MichaelSheridan, ,
JamesQuigley, , TimothyKavanaugb, , JohnRohan, ,