Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, business, business firms, manufacturing establishments, etc., in the city of Saint Louis
City And County Record. 109
View original image: Page  0109
cornerd Garrison avenu; ThomasTomplisn, , sexton ;
residence in basement of church. Hours of divine
service, 10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m.
Pilgrim Congregatiohal Church—Located
on Washington avenue, corner' Bwing avenue.
Erected in 1866, and dedicated to the worship or God
on Forefather's Day, December 22d, 1886. Rev.Reverend
JohnMontelth, jr., pastor ; residence, Washington
avenue, next to the chapel. hours of divine service,
10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m. Sabaath school, 3 p.m.;
C. M.Saxton, , superintendent .
Episcopal.
The Dioce-ie of Msso-rl includes the Bute of Misssoi
under the jurisdiction of the Right Rev.Reverend Cicero 8.
Hawks, D.D., bishop .
Christ CflUrch—Located on 13th street, corn
Locust. Dedicated January, 1820. Rev.Reverend Mont-Schiller, , rector ; residence. Locust street,
between Lelfingwell and Ewing avenues; A.Ure, ,
sexton . Hoursof divine service, 10.30 a.m. and 7.30
p. m.
Grace Church—Located on Warren street, between
11th and 12th. Erected, 1845. Right Rev.Reverend C. s.south
Hawsk, , biship ; Rev.Reverend --, curate, resiecne
at the rectory, adjoining thechurch. Hours of divine
service, 10.30 a.m. and 3.30 p.m.
Mission Of The Holy Cross—Located on Laveille
street near St. Ange. Service, 7.30 p.m. Sunday
school, 3 p.m.
St.Street George'S Churcn—Located on Locust street,
corner Tth. Erected, 1545. Rev.Reverend e.east F.Berkley, ,
rector ; ThomasHarris, , sexton . Boors of divine
service, 10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m.
St.Street John'S Church—Located on 6th street, corner
Spruce. Erected, 1813. Rev.Reverend William G.Spencer, ,
rector ; SamuelClegg, , sexton ; residence, 6th street,
near Morgan. Hours of divine efMce, 10.30 a.m.
and 7.30 p.m.
Trinity Church—Located on 11th street, north-
west corner Washington avenue. Rev.Reverend e.east C.Hutoh-, , rector ; residence, 11th street, between Christy
avenue and Morgan street. Hoars of divine service,
10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m.
Evangelical Lutheran.
Evangelical Luthran Immanuel Church
—Located, 16th street, southwest corner Morgan.
Erected, 1868. Rev.Reverend FrederickBuenger, , pastor ;
residcne, 13th strett, between Wash and Carr.
Hours of diven servife, 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Evangelical Lutheran Trinity Church—
Located, 1805 Fulton street, southewest corner La-
fayette. Rev.Reverend GottliebSchaller, , pastor : residence,
south side fo Barry stret, betwen 7th and Fulton;
OttoSchumann, , sexton ; residnece, in rear of the
church. Hours of divien service, 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
German Evangelical.
St. John'S Church—Located on Madison street,
southeat coern 14th. Ereceted, 1855. Rev.Reverend Louis
Haberle, , pastor ; residcne, sourht side of Madison
street, between 13th and 14th. Hours of divince
service, 10 a.m. and 2.30 p.m. in winter; 9.30 a.
m. and 7.30 p.m. in summer.
St. Mark'S Evangellical Church—Located on
soulard street, coenr of Jackosn. Erected, 1845.
Rev.Reverend s.south W.Hawkey, , pastro . PhilipPfeifer, , sexton ;
residcne, west side of 7th street, bet. Park aveneu
and Barry street. Hours of divine service, 9.30 a.
m. and 2.30 p.m. during the summer; and 10 a.m.
and 2.30 p. m during the winter.
St. Paul'S Church—Located, 1810 Decatuer street,
between Lafayette street and Geyer av. Erected,
1849. Rev.Reverend RudolphJohn, , pastor ; residcne, 1804
Decatur strte. FrederickSchuster, , sexoton ; resi-
dence 1817 Decatur street. Hours of diveine servie,
10 a.m. and 2 p.m.; Wednesday, 8 p.m.
St. Peter'S German Evangelical Church—
Located on 15th street, northwest corner Carr.Rev.Reverend
A. W.Roeder, , pastor ; residence, parsonage adjoin-
ing the church. SimonReinhoz, , sexton ; residcne,
Carr street, northwest coern 14th. Hours of divine
service, 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. in winter; 9.30 a.m.
and 2 p.m. in summer.
Evangelical Lutheran.
Bethlehem Church German Lutheran—
Located on 13th street, northwest corner Salis-
bury. Erected, 1849. Rev.Reverend AdolphSsClaus, , pastor ;
residence, 13th street, near the church. H.Hartwig, '
sexton ; residence, Salisbury street, niear the church.
Honrs of divine service, during the summer, 9 a.m.
and 2 p.m.; during the winter, 9.30 a.m. and 2.30
p. m.
Hebrew,
Bnai El Congregation—Located, 6th street
corner Cerre. HenryKuttner, , rabbi . Ambrose
Meyer, sexton ; residence, basement of the church.
United Hebrew Congregation—Located, n.north
6th street. Erected, 1S59. Rev.Reverend D.Yiddevar, , rabbi .
Chas.Zoungman, , sexton ; residence, basement of the
church.
Independent Evangelical Protestan
Church.
Located, Monnd street, southwest corner 8th. Erected,
1S66. Rev.Reverend P.Godfrey, Garter, , pasl,r ; residence
80S w. Mound street. Hours of divine service, 10 a.
m. and 2 p.m.
Methodist.
First German Methodist Episcopal Church
—Located, Benton street, southwest corner 13th.
Erected, 1853. Rev.Reverend A. F.Korfhage, , pastor . J.
Fischer, , sexton ; residence, Benton street, southwest
corner 13th. Hours of divine service, 10.30 a.m.
and 7 p.m.
Second German Methodist Episcopal
Church—Located, Wash street, between 10th and
11th. Erected. 1847. Rev.Reverend HermanPhaff, pastor :
residence in rear of llie church. Frederick, Mueller,
sexton ; residence, basement of the church. Hours
of divine service, 10.S0 a.m. and 7 p.m.; prayer
meeting, Tuesday, 7.30 p.m., and preaching Thurs-
day, 7.30 p.m.
Third German Methodist Episcopal
Church—Located, 1701 Fulton, southwest corner
Soulard street. Erected, 1859. Rev.Reverend JacobFeisel, ,
pastor ; residence basement of the church, John
Hammel, , sexton ; residence, 1815 s.south 7th street. Hours
of divine service, 10.30 a.m. and 7 p.m.: prayer
meeting, Friday, 7.30 p.m.
First African Mpthodist Episcopal
Church—Located, eastside of 7th street, between
O'Fallon and Cass avenue. Rev.Reverend John A.Fushee, ,
pastor . EdwardClark, , sexton . Hours of divine
service, 10.30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
First Union Methodist Episcopal Church
—Located, 11th street, northwest corner Locust-
Rev.Reverend A. C.George, , pastor ; residence, at the parson-
age. Erick e.east Eeruson, , sexton .
Second Union Methodist Fpiscopal Church
Located, 6th street, between Franklin avenue and
Wash.n.north P.Heath, , pastor ; residence, 9th street,
near Malllinckrtdt. John e.east Edwards, , sexton ; resi-
dence, basement of the church. Hours of dlvltte ser-
vice, 10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m.
North Mission Sabbath School—13th street,
corner Benton.
Simpson Chapel—Located, 10th street, corner
North Market. Rev.Reverend r.residence r.residence Pierce, , pastor . Hours
of divine service, 10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m.
St.Street Paul'S Chapel (Colored)—Located, 11th
street, head of Green. Rev.Reverend Willis r.residence Revels, , pastor .
JamesHarris, , sexton ; residence, 12th, between