Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, business, business firms, manufacturing establishments, etc., in the city of Saint Louis
City And County Record. 111
View original image: Page  0111
Christy avenue and Morgan. Hours of divine ser-
vice, 11 a.m. and 8 and 7.30 p.m. every Sunday,
and three evenings during the week.
The Ladies' Union City Mision-Rev.-
-, missionary. Sabbath School, 8th street, corner
Soulard. Meets at 2.30 p.m. every Sabbgath, A.
W.Goodwin, , superintendent .
Southern Methodist Episcopal
First Methodist Episcopal Church-Located,
Washington avenue, corner 8th street. Erected, 1854.
Rev.Reverend W. F.Camp, D.D., pastor ; residence 803
Washington av.. —Toxall, , sexton ; residence, 8th
street, between Green and Washington avenue.
Hours of divine service, 10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m.
Centenary Church-Located, Pine street, south-
west corner 5th. Erected, 1848. Rev.Reverend W. A.Smith, ,
pastor . RichardRushton, , sexton . Hours of divine
service, 10.30 a.m. and 7/30 p.m.
Wesley Chapel-Located 8th street, corner Chou-
teau avenue. Erected, 1849. Rev.Reverend J. C.Shackle-, , pastor . DamuelHocham, , sexton ; residence at
the Church. Hours of divine sevice, 10.30 a.m.
and 7.30 p.m.
St. Paul'S Methodist Episcopal Church-
Located, 14th street, northeast corner Jefferson. Rev.Reverend
W. M>Protisman, , Pastor . Hours of divine service,
10.30 a.m. and 7/30 p.m.
Stoddard Church-A new enterprise of which
Rev.Reverend ——, D.D., is expected to take charge early
in March, 1868.
New Jerusalem Church.
Located, 6th, southest corner St. Charles. Divine
services every Sunday at 11 a.m. Sunday school
and doctrinal class at 10 a.m.
German New Jerusalem Church--Located,
Howard street, corner 14th.
Presbyterian (New School).
First Presbyterian Church-Located, 14th
street, southwest corner Lucas place. Dedicated,
1855. Rev.Reverend Hy. A.Nelson, , pastor . G. W.Page, ,
sexton ; residence, 216 n.north 12th street. Hours od di-
vine service, 10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m.
North Presbyterian Church--Located, 11th
street, corner Charmber. Erected, 1858. Rev.Reverend
Morton, , pastor . House of divine service, 10.30 a.m.
and 7.30 p.m.
Presbyterian (Old School).
Central Presbyterian Church--Located on
8th street, northwest corner Locust. Erected, 1849.
Rev.Reverend s.south P.Anderson, , pastor . Hours of divine ser-
vice, 10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m.
Pine Street Church--Located on Pine street,
corner of 11th. Erected, 1852. Rev.Reverend B. TuckerLa-, , pastor . H.Manistre, , sexton ; residence, 818 St.
Charles.
Providence Presbyterian Church--Located
on Webster street. Organized, 1859. Rev.Reverend Geo.George
Sluter, , pastor . Hours of divine service, 10.30 a.m.
and 7.30 p.m.
Second Presbyterian Chruch-- Located on
5th street, corner Walnut. Erected, 1840. Rev.Reverend
SamuelNicolis, , pastor ; residence, Olive street, near
20th. —Rogers, , sexton . Hours of divine service,
10.30 a.m. amnd 7.30 p.m.
Sixteenth Street Church-- Located on 16th
street, northeast corner Walnut. Rev.Reverend J. H.Brooks, ,
pastor ; residence, 16th street, next thje church. r.residence
Page, , sexton . Hours of divine service, 10.30 a.m.
and 7.30 p.m.
Roman Catholic
The Province of St. Louis comprises dioceses of St.
Louis, Nashville, Chicago, Alton, Milwaukee, Du
buque, St. Paul and Santa Fe; the Vicariates Apos-
tolic of Kansas and Nebraska, and embraces Missouri,
Illinois, Tennesse, Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas, Nebras-
ka, New Mexico and Indian Territory. Most Rev.Reverend
Peter RichardKenrick, D.D., Archibishiop of St.
Louis. Very Rev.Reverend JosephMelcher, , Vicar General .
Cathedral Of St. Louis-- Located on the north
side of Walnut street, between 2d and 3d. Erected,
1833. Rev.Reverend LouisDold, , pastor ; Revs.F. Gerardey, ,
G.Schmulders, and H.Henning, , assistant pastors .
Hours of divine service, 6,8 and 10.30 a.m. and 3.30
p.m.
Chapel Of St. Joseph'S Academy--Rev.Reverend e.east
Fitzpatrick, , chaplain . Hour of service, 10 a.m.
Chapel Of St. Louis Hospital--Rev.Reverend B.Ge-, , chaplain . Hour of service, 10 a.m.
Chapel Of The Ursuline Convent--Very Rev.Reverend
JosephMelcher, , chaplain .
Church Of The Annuciation--Located on 6th
street, corner Chouteau av.Rev.Reverend P. J.Ryan, , pas-
tor ; Revs.e.eastFitzpatrick, and T.Manning, , assistant
pastors . Hours of divine service, 8 and 10.30 a.m.
and 3.30 p.m.
Church Of The Assumption--Located on 8th
stret, corner Sidney. Rev.Reverend T. M.Kavanagh, , pastor .
Hours of divine service, 8 and 10.30 a.m. and 3.30
p.m.
Church Of The Holy Angels--Located on
Chouteau av.Rev.Reverend M.Welby, , pastor ; Rev.Reverend James
Halpin, , assistant pastor .
Church Of The Holy Trinity (German Con-
Gregation--Located on Mallinckrodt street, cor.
11th. Dedicated, 1858. Rev.Reverend Fred.Brinkhoff, , pas-
tor ; Rev.Reverend J.Herde, , assistant pastor . House of di-
vine service, 7 and 9 a.m. during the summer, and 8
10 during the winter; vespers, 2.30 p.m.
Church Of The Immaculate Conception --
Located on 8th street, corner Chesnut. Erected, 1854.
Revs.F. M.Keilty, and M.McCabe, , pastors . James
Quigley, , sexton . Hours of divine service, 10.30 a.
m. and 3.30 p.m.
St.Street Bridget'S Church--Located on Pratte av.
northeast corner Carr. Erected, 1860. Rev.Reverend W.
Walsh, , pastor ; Rev.Reverend T.Archer, , assistant pstor .
Hours of divine service, 6.30, 8 and 10.30 a.m. and
3 and 7.30 p.m.
St. Francis Of Sales' Church(German)--Lo-
cated on Linn street, corner Gravois rd. Rev.Reverend L.Lay, ,
Pastor .
St. Francis Xavier'S Chruch--Located on 9th
street, corner Green. Erected, 1840. Rev.Reverend Michael
Corbett, , pastor ; Revs.F.Sautois, and F. P.Garesche, ,
assitant pastors . A.Hendricks, , sexton . Hours of
divine service, 5, 6, 7, 8.30 and 10.30 a.m. and 3
and 7.30 p.m.
St. John Nepomucene (Bohemian Congre-
Gation)--Located at 1623 s.south 12th street. Erected,
1854. Rev.Reverend JosephHessoun, , pastor . AntonMark, ,
sexton . Hours of divine service, 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
St. John, The Evangelist Church--Located
at 102 16th street, corner Chesnut. Rev.Reverend P. T.Ring, ,
pastor ; Rev.Reverend C.Smith, , assistant pastor . P.Foley, ,
sexton . Hours of divine service, 6, 7,8 and 10.30 a.
m.; vespers, 3.30 p.m.
St.Street Liborius Church (German)--Located on 19th
street, between Warren and North Market. Rev.Reverend Ste-Swihoff, , pastor ; Rev.Reverend ——, , assistant pas-
tor . Hours of divine service, 8 and 10 a.m., 2.30
and 4.30 p.m.
St.Street Joseph'S Church (German Congrega-
Tion--Located on Biddle street, corner 11th. Erec-
ted, 1846. Rev.Reverend JosephWeber, , pastor ; Revs.F.
Wippern, and P.Tscheider, , assitant pastors . Hours
of divine service, 10.30 a.m., and 3 p.m.