The Saint Louis business directory for 1853-4 /

In 1852, the number of members were 774.

The Library at present, (June, 1853,) contains 9352 volumes, to which
daily additions are making. Seventy-five of the best Magazinea and
other Periodicals, American and foreign, are regularly received.

The following gentlemen constitute the “Board of Directors” for

Joshua H.Alexander, , President .
John T.Douglass, , Vice President .
Walter E.Sell, , Treasurer .
AlbertPearce, , Recording Secretary ,
M. V. L.McClelland, , Corresponding Secretary .
SolonHumphreys, , Directors .
R. D.Van Nostrand, , Directors .
Henry W.Birge, , Directors .
Jas. J.Cartledge, , Directors .
JohnGoodin, , Directors .
Chas. E.King, , Directors .
Wm.William H.Gilman, , Directors .
Wm.William P.Curtis, , Librarian .

The Library, at 112 Fourth street, Glasgow’s Row, is open every day,
from 9, A. M., to 10, P. M. On the 1st of January, 1854, the Library
will be moved to the new and spacious building, at present in course of
erection by the “Mercantile Library Hall Company,” (at a cost
of $100,000,) for the use of the Mercantile Library Associatioa, on
Fifth st., sw corsouth-west corner of Locust.