The Saint Louis business directory for 1853-4 /
Sisters of the Good Shepherd.

This community occupy a large and beautiful building on Seven-
teenth, bn. Pine and Chesnut.

English Male School, attached to the Church of St. Francis Xavier.
Average
number of pupils, 250.

German Male School, attached to St. Joseph’s Church. Average number of pupils, 130.

Boy’s Free School, attached to the Cathedral.

Boy’s School, attached to St. Patrick’s Church.

Catholic Male Benevolent Association. The object of this society is
to aid the funds of the Male Orphan Asylum.

Ladies’ Catholic Association, for charitable purposes.

18