The Saint Louis directory for the years 1854-5 :

German Saving Institution
No. 29 Main street, between Chesnut and Pine streets.
board of directors:

WilliamPalm, ,

WayimanCrow, ,

FrederickBergesh, ,

C. R.Stinde, ,

L. C.Uirschrerg, ,

John B.Sarpv, ,

FrancisSaler, ,

RobertBarth, ,

Wm. C.Tewes, .

RobertBarth, , President .

IsaacKosknfkld, jr., Treasurer and Secretary .

The Geraaan Saving Institution receives deposits (in all sums abore one dollar) and pays interest for the same;
collects notes (city paper without charge buys nnd soils exchange, &c., &c.

Office hours, from 9 A. M. to 4 P. M. Discounts—Offering, daily, before 12 M.; answers,daily, at 2 r.