Whitley’s Patent Double Circular Saw Mill , Patented March 4, 1856, Manufactured by Clark, Avery & Voorhies, at
The People’s Iron Works,
Main street, between Florida and Mullanphy sts., north of the shot tower, St. Louis.
The above Mill, in its construction combines novelty and simplicity; either portable or stationarv, as may be required, and of several different sizes; it is equally adapted to Steam, Water,
Horse or Windmill power; and its simplicity, cheapness, durability, strength and easy management, cannot fail to convince every person after a glance at its combined improvements, that it is
the best mill now in use for making lumber. The frame is of oak; it has two saws, one above the other, and in line with each other, so as to assist in cutting off the swell, butts, slab and
knots, and in splitting large logs. The upper saw can be moved on the arcn so as to cut two planks with one run of the carriage, and for fencing, from two to eight boards may be cut at once.
The after ends of the saw shafts are connected by an arm, which serves as a guide to both shafts, so that complete control may be had over the sawn while running; it also serves for their ad-
justment, and keeps them true with each other while cutting. They are capable of sawing 1,000 feet per hour, and will work in all kinds of lumber without Hawing crooked. We warrant
the Mills to perform in every respect as represented. Any information respecting them will be cheerfully given on application to our agents, W. M. Plant & Co.company , No. 14 North Main street, or
to Isaac L.Garrison, , President of Home Mutual Insurance Company , corner of Main and Vine streets. ☞ Horse Powers and Steam Engines furnished with the Mills at stort notice and
upon satisfactory terms. Clark, Avery & Voobules .