Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, manufacturing establishments, business, business firms, etc., etc., in the city of St. Louis for ... /
Evangelical.
Bethlehem Church—Evangelical Lu
theran.
Located on Thirteenth street, northwest corner
of Salisbury. Erected, 1849.
Rev. AdolphusClaus, pastor . Residence, Thir-
teenth street, near the church.
H.Hartwig, , sexton . Residence, on Salisbury
street, near the church.
Hours of Divine service—During the summer.
9 A M. and 2 P. M.; during the winter, 9 1/2 A. M.
and 2 1/2 P. M.
Church Of The Holy Ghost ,
Located on the corner of Walnut and Eighth
streets. Erected, 1858.
Rev. HugoKrebs, , pastor . Residence, corner of
Walnut and Eighth streets.
Hours of Divine service—11 A. M. and 3 P. M.
Evangelical Lutheran Immanuel
Church.
Located on Eleventh street, southeast corner of
Franklin avenue. Erected, 1847.
Independent Evangelical Protest-
ant Church.
Located on the southwest corner of Mound and
Eighth streets. Erected, 1856.
Rev. PaulLorentzen, , pastor . Residence, 62
Mound street.
Hours of Divine service—10 A. M. and 2 P. M.
St. John’S Church.
Located on the southeast corner of Madison and
Fourteenth streets. Erected, 1855.
St. Mark’S Evangelical Church.
Located on Soulard street, corner of Jackson.
Erected. 1845.
Rev. George w.west Wahl, , pastor . Residence, 31
Soulard street.
PhilipPfeifer, , sexton . Residence, west side of
Seventh street, between Park avenue and Barry
street.
Hours of Divine service—9 1/2 A. M. and 2 1/2 P.
M., during the summer; and 10 A. M. and 2 1/2 P.
M. during the winter.
St. Paul’S Church.
Located on Decatur street, between Lafayette
and Gayer avenues. Erected, 1849.
Rev. JohnWall, , pastor . Residence, rear of
church.
—Saulkamp, , sexton . Residence, opposite
the church.
Hours of Divine service—10 A. M. and 2 P. M.
St. Peter’S German Evangelical
Church.
Located on the northwest corner of Fifteenth
and Carr streets.
Rev. A. w.west Roeder, , pastor . Residence, par-
sonage, adjoining the church.
SimonReinholz, , sexton . Residence, Carr,
northwest corner Fourteenth street.
Hours of Divine service—10 A. M. and 3 1/2 P. M.
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran
Church.
Located on the north side of Lombard street,
between Third and Fourth streets.
Rev. GottleibSchaller, , pastor . Residence, south
side of Barry street, between Seventh and Fulton
streets.
C.Graeber, , sexton . Residence, 169 South Fifth
street.
Hours of Divine service—9 A. M. and 2 1/2 P. M.
6
Hebrew.
Bnai El Congregation.
[missing figure]
Located on Sixth street, corner or Case.
HenryKuttner, , rabbi .
United Hebrew Congregation.
Located at 77 North Sixth street. Erected,
1859.
Rev. IsaacBitterman, , rabbi . Residence, 151
Morgan street.
MosesLevi, , sexton . Residence, basement of
the church.
Methodist Episcopal
Free Methodist Church.
Located on the northwest corner of Carr and
Twenty-fourth streets.
Simpson Chapel.
Located on Tenth street, between North Mar-
ket and Monroe streets. Erected, 1855.
Rev. Leroy M.Vernon, , pastor . Residence, 81
Brooklyn street.
AbrahamWolff, , sexton . Residence, Eleventh
street, corner of Spring.
Hours of Divine service—11 A. M. and 7 P. M.
German Methodist Episco-
pal.
First German Methodist Episcopal
Church.
Located on the southwest corner of Benton and
Thirteenth streets. Erected, 1853.
Rev. JohnRitter, , Pastor .
J.Fischer, , sexton . Residence, southwest cor-
ner of Benton and Thirteenth streets.
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M. and 7 P. M.
Second German Methodist Episcopal
Church.
Located on Wash street, between Tenth and
Eleventh streets. Erected 1847.
Third German Methodist Episcopal
Church.
Located on Soulard street, corner of Fulton
street. Erected, 1859.
Rev. HenryLahomann, , pastor . Residence, Sou-
lard street, southwest corner of Fulton.
JacobBuchler, , sexton .
Hours of Divine service—10 1/2 A. M. and 7 P. M.
Prayer meeting, Friday, 7 1/2 P. M.