Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, manufacturing establishments, business, business firms, etc., etc., in the city of St. Louis for ... /
Colleges, Universities, &c.
Bryant & Satratton’s Commercial
College
Darby’s Marble Building, corner Fifth and Ol-
ive streets.
Faculty.
H. b.between Bryant, , H. D.Stratton, , and A. s.south Wheel-, Principles .
Jones’ Commercial College Of St.
Louis.
Located on the south-east corner of Washing-
ton avenue and Third street. Incorporated, Jan-uary 24, 1849, with full authority “to grant diplo-
mas, award degrees, confer honors, and exercise
all and singular the privileges common to com-
mercial colleges authorized by law in other
States.”
Faculty.
JonathanJones, , Master of Accounts President
and Acting Professor of the Theory and Practice
of Bookkeeping, Commercial Correspondence, &c.
F. H.Wellenberg, , JamesAllan, , John w.west Johns-, , Wm.William A.Diggs, , AlbertsWilcox, , Chris.Balmer, ,
J. H.Ludas, , Practical Accountants .
H. w.west Jones, M. D.Proessor of Matheamtics .
M. S. D.Hayden, , Professor of Penminship .
JonathanJones, , Member of the St. Louis Bar,
Lecturer of Commercial Law . (See adv’t p.)
City Univesity Of St. Louis.
Located on Pine, north-east corner of Sixteenth
street.
O’Fallon Polytechnic Institute.
Located on North Fourth street, corner of St.
Charles, Organized, 1855, under the charter of
the Washington University.
The Library is furnished with nearly 6,000 vol-
umes, and a large supply of American and Euro-
pean quarterlies and magazines; also with a large
supply of daily and weekly newspapers. The In-
stitute in under the management of
JohnHow, , President .
RulphSellow, , Vice President .
Chas. D.Dana, , Treasurer .
William r.residence Babcock, , Secretary and Librarian .
Board Of Manager.
JohnHow, , G. b.between Allen, , r.residenceSellew, , Samuel
Treat, , J. b.between Ends, , Chas A.Pope, , D. K.Ferguson, ,