Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, manufacturing establishments, business, business firms, etc., etc., in the city of St. Louis for ... /
Asylums.
[missing figure]
Missouri Institute for the Education of the Blind.
Biddle Infant Asylum.
Located on O’Fallon street, south-east corner
of Tenth street, under the direction of the Sisters
of Charity.,
Biddle and Mullanphy Widows’
Home.
Located on O’Fallon street, south-east corner of
Tenth street.
City Mission House.
Located at 48 North Eighth street, under the
auspices of the Church of the Messiah (Unitari-
an), established to find homes for the destitnte,
friendless and orphan. Also, in connection with
the Mission-house, is an Industrial School for chil-
dren of both sexes, in which, in addition to in-
struction, they receive food and clothing.
Caleb G.Ward, , Superintendent and City Mis-
sionary .
NeppaDelano, , Matron .
Girls’ Industrial Home.
Located on Morgan street, south-east corner of
Ninetheenth. Founded, 1853.
Mrs. HarmoniaBadger, , Principal .
Infant Orphan Asylum.
Located on the corner of Marion and Menard
streets, under the charge of the Sisters of Charity.,