Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, manufacturing establishments, business, business firms, etc., etc., in the city of St. Louis for ... /
La Salle Institute for Orphans.
Located on the corner of Marion and Menard
streets, under the charge of the Christian Bro-
thers.
Missouri Institution for the Educa-
tion of the Blind.
Located at 465, Morgan street.
John b.between Chapin, , Superintendent .
Mullanphy Orphan Asylum.
Directed by the Ladies of the Sacred Heart.
Orphan Asylum (Sisters of Charity.)
Located on the west side of Tenth street, be-
tween Julia and Soulard streets.
Orphan Girls’ Asylum.
In connection with the St. Louis Hospital.
Corner of Spruce and Fourth streets, under the
charge of the Daughters of Charity.,
Orphans’ Home.
Located on the north-west corner of Elevnth
and Monroe streets. Founded and Erected, 1843.
Rev. Francis J.Clerc, , Chaplain .
Mrs.H.Roberts, , Matron .
Miss D. w.west Gooding, teacher .
Supported by the Episcopal Church.
Protestant Orphan Asylum.
Located on the west side of Seventh, between
Franklin avenue and Morgan street.
Mrs.Burchard, , Matron .
Mrs. Jane e.east Lewis, , Treasurer .
Refugee House for Females.
Located at 39 Walnut street.
Mrs. Sarah A.Barton, , Matron .
St. Ann’s R. C. Asylum.
Founded, 1853. Dedicated, 1858.
Located on O’Fallon street, south east corner of
Tenth, under the direction of the Sisters of Char-,
SisterCatherine, , Superioress .
St. Joseph’s Half Orphan Asylum.
Located on the north-east corner of Clark ave-
nue and Fifteenth street. Under the charge of
the Sisters of St. Joseph.,
MotherFelicite, , Superioress .
St. Mary’s R. C. Orphan Asylum.
Founded, 1843. Dedicated, 1846.
Located on Biddle, north-east corner of Tenth
street, under the direction of the Sisters of Charity.,
St. Philomena’s Orphan Asylum.
Located on Walnut street, south-west corner of
Fifth, under the charge of the Sisters of Charity.,
Sister MaryFlorence, , Superioress .
St. Vincent’s German Male and Fe-
male Orphan Asylum.
Located on Twentieth street, between O’Fallon
street and Cass avenue. Erected, 1851. Sup-
ported by the Society of St. Vincent .
MotherMartha, , Superior .
Francis LutkeWette, , President .
JosephHeitkamp, , Vice President .
JosephRubsamen, , 1st Secretary .
H.Scho, , 2d Secretary .
H.Spaunhorst., Cashier .
JosephStock, , Marshal .
Trustees.
AntonHolle, , FrancisCornet, , Bernhard
Schmucker, , H.Bulte, , AntonKreynest, , Henry
Grefenkamp, , b.betweenHeidecker, , GeorgeSchileng, , Hen-Berning.,