Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, manufacturing establishments, business, business firms, etc., etc., in the city of St. Louis for ... /
Miscellaneous Societies.
Library of the Academy of Science.
Located at Dr. Pope’s College, corner of Sev-
enth and Myrtle streets.
Library Of The St. Louis University.
Located on Green street and Washington ave-
nue, west of Ninth street.
O’Fallon Polytechnic Institute.
Located on North Fourth street, corner of St.
Charles. Organized, 1855, under the charter of
the Washington University.
The Library is furnished with nearly six thou-
sand volumes, and a large supply of American and
European quarterly and monthly magazines; also,
with a large supply of daily and weekly newspa-
pers. The Institute is under the management of
JohnHow, , President .
RalphSellew, , Vice President .
Chas. D.Dana, , Treasurer .
Wm.William r.residence Babcock, , Secretary and Librarian .
Board of Managers.
JohnHow, , Gerard b.between Allen., Geo. P. E.Plant, ,
J. b.between Eads, , F. w.west Whitaker, , Giles F.Filley, , C.
A.Pope, , s.southTreat, , Ed.Brooks, , CharlesTodd, , D.
K.Ferguson, , WilliamPatrick, , r.residenceSellew, , P. H.
Jones, , A.Sbapleign, , C. s.south Greeley, , James M.Cor-, , w.west r.residence Pritchard, and EdgarAmes.,
[missing figure]
St. Louis Mercantile Library Asso-
ciation.
Located on Fifth street, corner of Locust. In-
corporated, 1846.
Officers.
John H.Beach, , President .
CharlesMiller, , Vice President .
CharlesThompson, , Corresponding Secretary .
James G.Catlin, , Recording Secretary .
John e.east Yore, , Treasurer .
John n.north Dyer, , Actuary and Librarian .
The Library contains 22,000 volumes, as well as
specimens of Painting and Sculpture.