Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, business, business firms, manufacturing establishments, etc., in the city of Saint Louis
Churches.
Baptist.
Beaumont Street Baptist Church—Located
on Beaumnont street, Rev.Reverend A. C.Kendrick, , pastor .
Hours of divine seivece, 10.30 a.M.a nd 7.30 p. m
Sabbath school, 2.30 p.m.
Benton Street Mission Sunday School—At
the Fourth Baptist Chuch. Infant departent in
the basement. Pastor s bible class, for adults, in the
gallery. Mrets every Sunday at 2.30 p.m.e.east D.
Jones, , sueprintendtn .
Eights Street Basptist Church (Colored)—
L Cated on 8th street, coenr Green. Erected, 1851
Rev.Reverend W. M.White, , pastor . Hours of divien servie,
11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
First African Baptist Chruch—Loicated, 417
Almond street, between 4th and 5th. Eected, 1842.
Rev.Reverend e.eastCartwtright, , pastor ; residence 9th street.
between Cerre and Gratito; AmbroseLewis, , sexton .
Hours of divien servie, 11 a.m., 8 p.m. and 7 p.m.
First Gemrna Baptist Churhc—Lcoated on
14th street, comner Carr. Erected, 1864. Rev.Reverend Jacob
s.south Gubelman, , pastro ; residne, 14th street, between
Mullanphy and Howaerd. FredericlSchultae, , sexton
Hours of divne service, 10 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7.20
p. m.
Second Baptist Church—Located on 6th street,
southwest coern Locust Brected, 1858. Rev.Reverend Dr.
Burlingham, , pastor ; residen, 1502 Pine street.
GeorgeMcllwaine, , sexton . Horus of divine service,
10 a.m. and 7 p.m. during the summer, and 10.30
a. m. and 7 p.m. during the winter. Sabbath
school, 9 a.m.
Third Baptist Church—Located on the south
side of Clark avenue, between 13th and 14th streets.
Erected, December 31, 1854. Rev.Reverend J. V.Schofield,
pastor ; residence, 108 South 14th street. Sabbath
school, 9 a.m. and 2.30 p.m. Hours of divine
service, 10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m.
Fourth Baptist Church—Located on 12th street,
cornier North Market. Ereceted, 1862. Rev.Reverend A. C.
Osborn, pastor ; residence, 12th stret, northeat
corner Benton. Hours of Divine servie, 10.30 a.m.
and 7.30 p.m.
Third (Colored) Baptist Church—Located on
Market street, beteween Center and 14th.
Chrisitian.
Located 1702 Olive street. Rev.Reverend W. J.Pettigrew, ,
pastor ; residenc, 2702 Locust. HenryTurner, ,
sexotn . Hours of divien servie, 10.30 a.m. and
7.30 p.m.
Churchc of the Holy Ghost.
Located on Walnut street, corner 8th. Erected, 1858.
Rev.Reverend F.Eberhard, , pastor ; residnece, Walnut street.
corner 8th. Hours of divine service, 11 a.m. and
3 p.m.
Cumberland Presbyterian.
First Cumberl And Pressbyterian Church—
Located on 24th street, corner Carr. Rev.Reverend Dr. Lang-, , pastor . Hours of divine service, 10.30 a.m.
and 7.30 p.m.
First German Presbyterian Church—Lo-
cated on Anutmn street, southwest corner 10th. Rev.Reverend
AlbertfVonderlippe, , pastor .
German Cumberland Presbyterian
Church—Located on Pratte auenue, corner Wash
street. Rev.Reverend Fred.Lack, , pastor ; residence adjoingin
the chruch.
Reformed Presbyterian—Located on Gamble
avenue, coenr mercer street. Ereceted, 1854. Rev.Reverend
JosephMcCracken, , pastor . Hours of divine service,
10.30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
United Presbyterian Church—Located on 5th
street, corner Locust. Erected 1841. Rev.Reverend J. G.
Armstrong, , pastor ; residence, 1530 Morgan street.
Hours of divine service, 10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m.
Congregational.
First Trinity Congregational Church—Lo-
cated on 10th street, corner Locust. Erected, 1859.
Rev.Reverend T. M.Post, , pator ; residcence, Lucas avenue,