Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, business, business firms, manufacturing establishments, etc., in the city of Saint Louis
St. Lawrence O'Toole'S Church--Located on
14th street, corner O'Fation. Dedicated, 1855. Rev.Reverend
JamesHenry, , pastor ; Revs.P.O'Reilly, and P.Mul-, , assistant pastors . Hours of divine service,
6,7,8 and 10.30 a.m. and 3.30 p.m.
St. Malachi'S Church--Located on Clark av.
corner Summit. Erected, 1858. Rev.Reverend Miles W.To-, , pastor ; Rev.Reverend r.residenceTucker, , assistant pastor .
St.Street Mary Of Victory (German Congrega-
Tion)--Located on 3d street, between Cedar and
Mulberry. Erected, 1844. Very Rev.Reverend JospehMel-, , pastor ; Rev.Reverend H.Muhisiepen, , assistant pastor .
Hours of divine service, 8 and 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
St. Michael'S Church--Located on Jefferson
street. corner 11th. Erected, 1846. Rev.Reverend P.O'Brien, ,
pastor ; Rev.Reverend JamesMcCabe, , assistant pastor . Pat-Hogan, , sexton ; residence, Jefferson street, cor-
ner 11th. Hours of divine service, 7,8.30 and 10.30
a.m. and 3.30 p.m.
St. Nicholas' Church--Located on 20th street,
corner Christy av.Rev.Reverend n.northStaudinger, , pastor .
St. Patrick'S Chruch--Located on Biddle street,
corner 6th. Erected, 1845. Rev.Reverend W.Wheeler, , pas-
tor ; Rev.Reverend C.Ziegler, , assistant pastor . Hours of di-
vine services, 6,7,8 and 10.30 a.m. and 3.30 p.m.
St. Peter And Paul'S Church (German Con-
Gregation)--Located on 7th street, corner Allen
av. Erected, 1853. Rev.Reverend FrancisGoller, , pastor ;
residence, near the church; Rev.Reverend F.Russe, , assistant
pastor . Hours of divine service., 5,8 and 10 a.m.
and 2.30 p.m.
St. Vincent De Paul'S Church--Located on
Decature street, corner Park av. Erected, 1845. Rev.Reverend
ThomasBurke, , pastor ; Revs.JohnQuigley, , Th.
Smith, , I. G.Ubland, and J. H.Koop, , assistant pas-
tors . Hours of divine service, 6.30, 8 and 10.30 a.
m. and 7 p.m.
St. Theresa'S Church--Located on Grand avenue,
near Franklin avenue. Rev.Reverend T. P.Gallagher, , pastor .
Unitarian.
Church Of Messiah--Located on Olive street,
corner 9th. Erected, 1851. Rev.Reverend Wm.William G.Eliot, ,
pastor ; residence, Beaumont street, northeast cor-
ner Locust. Hours of divine service, 10.30 a..m
and 7.30 p.m.
Educational.
A Table, showing the mimes, locations, dimemsions and estimated value of the School Houses, size and
value of the grounds, etc.
[missing figure]
Public Schools.
Office of the Board, Darby's building, 5th street, corner
Olive. Names and residences of the officers and
members of the board of directors: Stephen D.
Barlow, , president ; IsaiahForbes, , vice president ,
Olive street, between 6th and 7thlGeo.George M.Fichten-, , secretary ; South 7th street, between Barry and
Marion; IraDivoll, , superintendent , 11 Union row,
Papin street; Wm.William T.Harris, assistant superintendent
English department; FrancisBerg, , assistant su-
perintendent German department, Kirkwood; James
Taussig, , attorney , South 7th street, between Labadie
and Hickory; Timothy B.Edgar, , treasurer , Chouteau
avenue between 13th and St. Ange; John A.Neu-, , bailiff .
First District--FrancisMols, and LouisSpies, , directors ,
1st ward; C. F.Meyer, and Theo.Hildenbraudt, ,
directors , 2d ward.
Second District--JuliusConrad, and C. D.Wolf, , directors