Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, business, business firms, manufacturing establishments, etc., in the city of Saint Louis
ceutical meetings; Maurice W.Alexander, , register
of clerks and apprentices; F. W.Sennewald, , chair-
man of the board; JamesMcBride, , secretary of the
board; JohnBarnes, M, D., JohnLauehton, M.D.
HubertPrimm, , HenryKirchner, , TheodoreKalb, . F.
W.Sennewald, , John F.Metzger, , Wm.William H.Crawford, ,
of the college, board of trustees .
Missouri Historical Society-Founded in 1866.
Meets at Polytechnic Institute. Hon.Honorable James H.Lu-, , president ; Rev.Reverend William G.Elliot, D.D., and
Hon.Honorable WilsonPrimm, , vice presidents : Gen.Nathan
Ranney, ; recording secretary ; W. F.Cossons, , corres-
ponding secretary Hon.Honorable Jno. F.Darby, , treaaurer .
St.Street Loots Medical Collrge-This Institution
was founded in the year 1842, and occupies a large
building o 7th street, corner Myrtle. Connected with
the St. Louis Medical College is the O'Fallon Clinic
and Dispensary, founded in 1850, by the liberality of
Col. John O'Fallon, of this city. It is under the care
of the faculty of the college. Here the poor are pre-
scribed for daily, and medicines furnished gratuitous-
ly. Some 4,000 patients are annually treated at this
charity. Besides this, there are, also, attached to the
college two large and extensive apatomical and patho-
logical museums, as well as the museum of the Acad-
emy of science of St. Louis, which are at all times
open to th inspection of the public. Lectures begin
October 2, 1867. Jas. H.Lucas, , president ; Wm G.
Eliot, D.D.,vice president ; Luther M.Kennett, , sec-
retary ; Jno,Laughton, M.D., JamesClemens, , Henry
D.Bacon, , Jas. e.east Yeatman, , Wm.WilliamPenn, M.D., Na-Holmes, , Esq., Thos.ThomasAllen, , WaymanCrow, ,
trustees . M. L.Llnton, M.D., Professor of the prin-
ciple and practice of medicine; A.Litton, M, D., pro-
fessor of chemistry and pharmacy; Charies A.Pope,
M. D., professor of the principles and practice of
lurgery.and of clinical surgery; M. M,Pallen, M.D.,
professor of obstetrics, and the diseases or women and
children; Charles W.Stevens, M.D., professor of
general, descriptive and surgical anatomy; John B.
Johnson, M.D., professor of clinical medicine and
pathological anatomy; John T.Hodgen, M.D., pro-
fesosr of physiology and medical jurisprudence; J. B.
Alleyne, , professor materia medica and Thera-
peutics; J. J.McDowell, M.D., demonstrator of
anatomy; e.east H.Gregory, M.D., adjunct professor
of the principles and practice of surgery and clinical
surgery at the Sisters' hospital; John T.Hodgen, M.
D., dean ; L.Dinkler, , curator .
St.Street Louis Medical Society—Incorporated Jan-uary 25th, 1837. The regular meetinfs of the society
are hjeld at the Mercantile Library Hall building.
EdwardMontgomery, , president ; G. F.Dudley, ,
treasurer ; Warren B.Outten, , recording secretary .