Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, business, business firms, manufacturing establishments, etc., in the city of Saint Louis
A. t. Beamah & Co.

The furniture warehouse of A. D. Seaman & Co.company , is located on
Pine street, adjoining the Planter's Hotel, being a branch of the large
manufactory, at Milwaukee, Wis. This branch house was established in
1866, and occupies a building three hundred and fifty by forty feet, em-
ploying thirty hands, and based upon a capital of $400,000. This is one
of the largest and most successful furniture manufacturing establish-
ments extant, and the wares manufactured are noted far and wide for
their superior excellence. It is not many years since that in order to
obtain a good article of furniture, it became necessary to seek the eastern
markets. The case is different now. The furniture from this house
will compare with any manufactured in eastern cities, and suffer not in
reputation. And not only this, the assortment is as extensive, and the
prices just as favorable, with advantages, if any, in favor of the home
manufactured article.

John H. Koppelman.

Another manufacturer and dealer in furniture, is Mr. John H.
Koppelman, , at Nos. 1141 Broadway, and 1134 Fifth street The
business was established by the present proprietor in 1842, and every
article in his line is manufactured and kept for sale.

Allison it Bohan.

Messrs. Joel F.Allison, , JohnEohan, and MichaelRohan, , compose
the firm of Allison & Rohan , proprietors of the extensive boiler
making and sheet iron works, Nos. 1008, 1010, 1012 and 1014, North
Second street The works were started by Wm. H. Card, in 1865. The
firm is now doing upon a capital of $20,000, business to the amount of
$160,000 yearly. The building occupies a space of ninety by one
hundred and forty-four feet, and the firm give employment to over sixty
men. They manufacture* steam boilers of all kinds and the necessary
sheet iron work for fitting up steamboats. From this establishment the
boilers, and other appurtenances for four large monitors were made,
also for the Essex, Benton, and other wooden gun boats. They have
also furnished the machinery for an acqueduct in Montana, seventeen
hundred and fifty feet long, to carry water from an elevation of two
hundred and ten feet into a valley, and over a hill one hundred and
seventy feet high, to the mines. The works of Allison & Rohan are
among the most extensive in the west.

Plant Brothers, Pbatt * Co.

The St Louis Agricultural Warehouse and Seed Store, is conducted
by Plant Brothers, Pratt & Co.company , successors to Plant & Bro.,
St Louis, and Tobey & Anderson, Peoria. They manufacture Peoria
Steel Plows, and are dealers in every variety of farm machinery, gar-
den and field seeds. The Warehouse in this city, is at Nos. 116 and 118
South Main street, and the plow manufactory is at Peoria, 111., on the
comer of Walnut and Water streets. This house was established by