This institution was founded in the year 1842 and oc-
cupies a large building on the corner of Seventh
and Myrtle streets.
M. L.Linton, M.D.. Professor of the Principles
and Practice of Medicine.
A.Litton, M.D.. Professor of Chemistry and Phar-
Charles A.Pope, M.D., Professor of the Principles
and Practice of Surgery, Cliuicul Surgery, aud Doau
of the Faculty.
M. M.Pallen, M.D., Protestor of Obstetrics and
Diseases of Women and Children.
W. M.McPhecters, . M.D., Professor of Materia
Mediea and Therapeutics.
Charles W.Stevens, M.D., Professor of General,
Descriptive and Surgical Anatomy.
John B.Johnson, M.D., Professor of Clinical Med-
icine and Pathological Anatomy.
J. H.Watters, M.D., Professor of Physiology and
E. H.Gregory, M.D., Demonstrator of Anatomy.
Connected with the St. Louis Medical College is the
O'Fallon Clinic and Dispensary—founded in 1850, by
the liberality of Col. John O'Fallon, of this city. It
is under the care of the faculty of the College. Here
the poor are prescribed for daily, and medicines fur-
nished gratuitously. Some 4,000 patients are annu-
ally treated at this charity. Besides this, there are
also attached to the College two huge and extensive
anatomical and pathological museums, as well as the
museum of the Academy of Science of St. Louis,
which arc at all times open to the inspection of the