Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, manufacturing establishments, business, business firms, etc., etc., in the city of St. Louis for ... /
St. Louis Medical College.
This institution was founded in the year 1842,
and occupies a large building on the corner of
Seventh and Myrtle streets.
Connected with the St. Louis Medical College
is the O’Fallon Clinic and Dispensary—founded in 1850, by the liberality of Col. John O’Fallon, of
this city. It is under the care of the Faculty of
the College. Here the poor are prescribed for
daily, and medicines furnished gratuitously. Some
4,000 patients are annually treated at this charity.
Besides this, there are, also, attached to the Col-
lege two large and extensive anatomical and pa-
thological museums, as well as the museum of the
Academy of Science of St. Louis, which are at all
times open to the inspection of the public.