Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, business, business firms, manufacturing establishments, etc., in the city of Saint Louis
Roman Catholic
The Province of St. Louis comprises dioceses of St.
Louis, Nashville, Chicago, Alton, Milwaukee, Du
buque, St. Paul and Santa Fe; the Vicariates Apos-
tolic of Kansas and Nebraska, and embraces Missouri,
Illinois, Tennesse, Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas, Nebras-
ka, New Mexico and Indian Territory. Most Rev.Reverend
Peter RichardKenrick, D.D., Archibishiop of St.
Louis. Very Rev.Reverend JosephMelcher, , Vicar General .
Cathedral Of St. Louis-- Located on the north
side of Walnut street, between 2d and 3d. Erected,
1833. Rev.Reverend LouisDold, , pastor ; Revs.F. Gerardey, ,
G.Schmulders, and H.Henning, , assistant pastors .
Hours of divine service, 6,8 and 10.30 a.m. and 3.30
p.m.
Chapel Of St. Joseph'S Academy--Rev.Reverend e.east
Fitzpatrick, , chaplain . Hour of service, 10 a.m.
Chapel Of St. Louis Hospital--Rev.Reverend B.Ge-, , chaplain . Hour of service, 10 a.m.
Chapel Of The Ursuline Convent--Very Rev.Reverend
JosephMelcher, , chaplain .
Church Of The Annuciation--Located on 6th
street, corner Chouteau av.Rev.Reverend P. J.Ryan, , pas-
tor ; Revs.e.eastFitzpatrick, and T.Manning, , assistant
pastors . Hours of divine service, 8 and 10.30 a.m.
and 3.30 p.m.
Church Of The Assumption--Located on 8th
stret, corner Sidney. Rev.Reverend T. M.Kavanagh, , pastor .
Hours of divine service, 8 and 10.30 a.m. and 3.30
p.m.
Church Of The Holy Angels--Located on
Chouteau av.Rev.Reverend M.Welby, , pastor ; Rev.Reverend James
Halpin, , assistant pastor .
Church Of The Holy Trinity (German Con-
Gregation--Located on Mallinckrodt street, cor.
11th. Dedicated, 1858. Rev.Reverend Fred.Brinkhoff, , pas-
tor ; Rev.Reverend J.Herde, , assistant pastor . House of di-
vine service, 7 and 9 a.m. during the summer, and 8
10 during the winter; vespers, 2.30 p.m.
Church Of The Immaculate Conception --
Located on 8th street, corner Chesnut. Erected, 1854.
Revs.F. M.Keilty, and M.McCabe, , pastors . James
Quigley, , sexton . Hours of divine service, 10.30 a.
m. and 3.30 p.m.
St.Street Bridget'S Church--Located on Pratte av.
northeast corner Carr. Erected, 1860. Rev.Reverend W.
Walsh, , pastor ; Rev.Reverend T.Archer, , assistant pstor .
Hours of divine service, 6.30, 8 and 10.30 a.m. and
3 and 7.30 p.m.
St. Francis Of Sales' Church(German)--Lo-
cated on Linn street, corner Gravois rd. Rev.Reverend L.Lay, ,
Pastor .
St. Francis Xavier'S Chruch--Located on 9th
street, corner Green. Erected, 1840. Rev.Reverend Michael
Corbett, , pastor ; Revs.F.Sautois, and F. P.Garesche, ,
assitant pastors . A.Hendricks, , sexton . Hours of
divine service, 5, 6, 7, 8.30 and 10.30 a.m. and 3
and 7.30 p.m.
St. John Nepomucene (Bohemian Congre-
Gation)--Located at 1623 s.south 12th street. Erected,
1854. Rev.Reverend JosephHessoun, , pastor . AntonMark, ,
sexton . Hours of divine service, 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
St. John, The Evangelist Church--Located
at 102 16th street, corner Chesnut. Rev.Reverend P. T.Ring, ,
pastor ; Rev.Reverend C.Smith, , assistant pastor . P.Foley, ,
sexton . Hours of divine service, 6, 7,8 and 10.30 a.
m.; vespers, 3.30 p.m.
St.Street Liborius Church (German)--Located on 19th
street, between Warren and North Market. Rev.Reverend Ste-Swihoff, , pastor ; Rev.Reverend ——, , assistant pas-
tor . Hours of divine service, 8 and 10 a.m., 2.30
and 4.30 p.m.
St.Street Joseph'S Church (German Congrega-
Tion--Located on Biddle street, corner 11th. Erec-
ted, 1846. Rev.Reverend JosephWeber, , pastor ; Revs.F.
Wippern, and P.Tscheider, , assitant pastors . Hours
of divine service, 10.30 a.m., and 3 p.m.