Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, business, business firms, manufacturing establishments, etc., in the city of Saint Louis
Academies and Schools, Independent
of the Board of Education
Academy Of The Christian Brothers--Bro.Brothers
Edward, , director . Located, 8th street, corner Cerre.
Academy Of The Sacred Heart--For girls,
Madame M. J.Gallwey, , superior . Located, west
side of 5th street, between Labadie and Hichory, un-
der the charge of the Laides of the Sacred Herat.
African Church School--Attached to the First
African Church. Located, east side of 7th street,
bet. O'Fallon and Cass avenue.
Bohemian School--Attached to St. John's Church.
Located, 1623 s.south 12th street.
Boys' And Girls' Industrial School--Under
the auspices of the Church of the Messiah. Located,
48 n.north 8th street, near Locust.
Cathedral School--Located, north side Walnut
street, between 2d and 3d. BrotherHilarian, , princi-
pal ; BrotherAugustin, , assistant .
Concordia School--Located, west side Jefferson
avenue, near Miami street. HenryErck, . principal .
Cumberland Protestant Mission School--
Attached to the church, 15th street, corner of Cham-
bers.
Episcopal School--Attached to St. Paul's Chapel,
17th street, corner Olive.
Evangelical Lutheran School--In connec-
tion with the Church of the Holy Cross. Located,
west side Jefferson avenue, between Miami and Chip-
pewa streets. H.Erck, , principal ; Miss M.Wege, ,
teacher .
Evangelical Lutheran School--In con-
nection with the German Evangelical Lutheran Trini-
ty Church. Located, Easton street, northeast corner
Victor C.Fruber, , principal ; Miss LinaBrandt, ,
teacher . Erected, 1867.
Evangelical Lutheran School--In connec-
nection with the German Evangelical Lutheran Trini-
ty Church. Located, 8th street, southeast corner
Barry. e.east Roshke, , principal ; C.Krause, , O.
Gotsch, , Miss Niese, and Miss Knapp, , teachers .
Evangelical Lutheran School--For boys.
Located, 1244 s.south 4th street. G. A.Witte, , principal .
Evangelical Lutheran School--In connec-
tioni with the German Evangelical Lutheran Immanuel
Church. Located, 16th street, southwest corner
Morgan. M.Albach, , principal ; M. r.residence Engel, , M.
Grone, , teachers .
Evangelical Lutheran School--In connec-
tion with the German Evangelical Lutheran Zions
Church. Located, 14th street, cornerWarren C.
Burgdorf, , principal ; C.Meler, and H.Hoelter, ,
teachers .
Evangelical Ltheran School--In connec-
tion with the German Evangelical Lutheran Bethle-
hem Church. Located, Salisbury street, southwest
corner 13th. B.Barthel, , principal ; L.Karan, and
Mrs.Meadow, , teachers .
Frieden'S School--Attached to the Frieden's
Evangelical Church.
German Evangelical School--In conncetion
with St. Paul's Church. Located on Decatur street,
between Lafayette and Geyer avenues.