The copper, tin and sheet iron works of Mr. JamesSweney, ,
are located at No. 613 North Main street, between Washington and
Green. The business was started in 1853 by Mr. Sweney, and in 1854,
Mr. Wm.Schneider, became associated with the former, but left in 1865.
Every description of copper, tin and sheet iron work, for steamboats,
mills and distilleries, is manufactured here; also, steamboat and hotel
cooking stoves and ranges, as also a tube bending machine, patented by
Mr. s.south in May 1866. The business was started under favorable circum-
stances, and the gradual progress has been very fair, the establishment
ranking high in the business community. The amount of business
transacted reaches yearly seventy-five thousand dollars, creating employ-
ment for fifteen or more men, occupying three departments, and the ex-
cellence of the wares manufactured reflects credit upon our city.