Edwards' annual directory to the inhabitants, institutions, incorporated companies, business, business firms, manufacturing establishments, etc., in the city of Saint Louis
J. A. Monks & Sons.

The wholesale liquor house of J. A. Monks & Sons , was estab-
lished in 1847, with a capital of $100,000. They are importers of
brandies, wines, gins, etc., and dealers in pure Bourbon county Ky.,
copper distilled whisky. Their place of business is at No. 711 North
Second street, between Green and Morgan.