10 North Main street, is one of the largest in the Western states. It
was established in 1832, by DavisfcSjamford, , with &:eapital of about
$500,000. Subsequently, s.south G.Davis, became sole proprietor , and then
the present firm came into existence. Twenty *ne men are required to
carry on the'r business. It is such house^as thia;which give cbaracter
to the business of our city.